Thursday, December 07, 2006

NYC


Got back from NYC on Monday night.

What a city! Fantastic.

Did the usual tourist spots; 5th Avenue, Central Park, Greenwich Village, Brooklyn Bridge, Empire State Building, Staten Island ferry (and Statute of Liberty), Wall St, SoHo et al. A truly amazing city and some great places to eat in the Village.

Looking for sterotypes to be confirmed as only the tourist does, I yearned to hear a New Yorker utter the words 'furga-geddit-abaht-it', 'courrfeee', or 'whacked' - possibly in the same sentence - and was a little disappointed that my dreams were not realised. There is a Starbucks on every corner - and a Japanese film crew - but even when asking for a coffee New Yorkers refused to do so in the exaggerated way of my imagination. The killjoys. (We did overhear someone say 'douchebag', which amused me far more than it should, but that was pretty much the limit of it).

So farewell then New York, but not goodbye. We're going to go back and stay in Brooklyn next time. Until then I'm going to get my fill at the ICA...Manhattan is on there until December 30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home