Monday, March 07, 2005

Our Man In Westminster

The One Man and their Dog that read this blog probably know that I work in the House of Commons and that I work for a Labour MP.

In fact, the Dog has had suspicions for some time that I am, in fact, a Closet Communist. But the Man insists that I am not a Communist because (1) Communism is dead and (2) he ain't going to listen to an animal that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own faeces. ..

(hat tip SLJ, PF http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110912/quotes ).

Working for an MP in Westminster makes me feel as if I should be making insightful comments into the Parliamentary process or getting the inside track on Westminster gossip. Or possibly a combination of the two.

The failure to do either leaves me a little crestfallen but hey, whaddya going do? Run off and join the circus?

At the moment my 'privileged knowledge' seems to extend only to minor misunderstandings with MPs and Peers that either make me look an arse or end up with me getting a telling-off. Its like being at school all over again.

Anyway, best stop now...I think I may be getting a bout of blogorrhea.

3 Comments:

At 07 March, 2005 18:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is also a woman and her duckie, along with the man and his dog. :D
I'm gonna be a-liking it methinks.

 
At 07 March, 2005 22:30, Blogger X said...

Woof!

---X

 
At 08 March, 2005 09:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a former employee of the House of Commons I think the term One man and his several houses and stock portfolios would be more appropriate (he probably has several dogs too some of which are used for hunting, or should I say were). Am I allowed to spill the beans about what I saw and heard? I'm not sure I think I signed something...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home